Any person interested in community development especially women and girl child empowerment;
Volunteers are individuals who work at POM out of their own choice or have been deputed at POM by other organizations.
They will be assigned tasks from time to time as deemed necessary by POM.
POM will have a limited contract with volunteers and will not provide any compensation except under special conditions.
They will not be considered as full-time or part-time employees of the organization.
You are the ideal volunteer if:
• You like community development
• You truly enjoy exerting yourself on meaningful projects in beautiful locations and like a challenge
• You are the type of person who stays positive and enthusiastic through less than perfect situations, and believe that a positive attitude means everything
• You have a sense of responsibility
• You are flexible and able to adapt to sudden changes in plans
• You feel you have no problem understanding and expressing yourself in English
• You are a fit person between 18-50 years
Do NOT apply if:
• You are looking for a cheap vacation. This is not a holiday
• Your main reason to join is to learn/improve your English.
• You expect to choose your own project (POM rotates your projects every 4 weeks and it is not possible for you to decide where to go
• You are not physically fit, able to hike long distances with a heavy backpack and exert yourself for 8 hours a day in extreme weather conditions
• You are a negative person who finds things to complain and whine about, and try to get others to see the negative aspect along with you
AIM FOR VOLUNTEER PLACEMENT
To enhance POM's knowledge, information systems, programme development,
grant writing, research and skills in projects sustainability
This is according to the running projects and programmes but in POM's activity areas stated above. Innovation are always welcome
AVERAGE DAY OF VOLUNTEER
They are given initial and ongoing training, direction and supervision.
They are given written information about their rights and responsibilities.
They are encouraged to contribute -- based on their skills, time, interests,
and the needs of the program. They are recognized for their work.
POM encourages respect for volunteers at all times from students, staff and fellow volunteers."
POM values volunteers' points of view and needs their ideas and experience to help make good decisions.
Work starts at 8:30 am daily except initial agreements are reached POM takes its time seriously.
Mondays are for orientation and planning of the week's work, Fridays are for submission of the week's report,
closing on Friday, is at 2:30 pm, Tuesdays to Thursdays are for field work, and POM closes at 4:30 pm including Mondays.